Running for School Committee , 3 Year Term
What is your education and work experience? How did that education/work experience prepare you for the elected position you seek?
Classroom Teacher for various grade levels, Kindergarten through 8th grade, including National Board Certification for Early Childhood Education, 14 years; Director of Learning Programs for a local non-profit organization, 5 years; founder of an independent educational consulting firm, MAP for College, 9 years and ongoing. These varied experiences as an educator provide a unique perspective regarding the topics of student learning, motivation for learning, parent-teacher communications, curriculum planning, instructional approaches, and policy-making initiatives.
What is your experience in public service, if any, in Hull?
Hull Advisory Board, 2010-2013; Lifetime Member, Hull Parent-Teacher Organization; Hull School Committee, 2020-present
What do you plan to accomplish in this role that you seek/what is your platform for this position?
My name is Ernest Minelli, and my priorities for a prospective second term of service on the Hull School Committee from 2023 to 2026 are to:
· Ensure a smooth educational transition for our students districtwide as we re-configure the grade levels at each of our school buildings between 2023 and 2025 to promote even better learning opportunities for our pupils.
· Work closely with fellow committee members and with our school leadership team to realize even greater levels of educational excellence, balancing traditional learning skills with innovative technological proficiency.
· Support efforts to promote thoughtful dialogue among our secondary-school students and their families about prospective college and career opportunities, coupled with the advancement of those pre-requisite steps necessary to achieve such goals.
· Emphasize literacy-based opportunities district-wide, especially for our elementary school students and families. For example, I support our efforts to fund a staffed librarian position for the Jacobs School as a beneficial component of our district’s overall literacy program.
· Advocate for increased levels of engagement with parents and families to facilitate even more effective collaboration efforts within our schools and our community.
· Anticipate potential budgetary needs and grant opportunities as we navigate the context of larger financial challenges impacting the “macro” economy.
Throughout my first term of service on the school committee, I have worked diligently to serve the interests of our students, families, educators, and taxpayers. I understand that the strength of our school district is made possible by the significant commitment of our community members’ time, talent, and treasure.
Our recent collaborative efforts to study the Best Educational Use of School Facilities presented us with proper guidance to inform the thoughtful reconfiguration of our school facilities. I am seeking a second term on the Hull School Committee to continue the progress that we are making so that we may maximize our students’ learning opportunities.
On a personal note, I am a proud graduate of the Hull Public Schools, and I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in history from Harvard College, plus a Master’s Degree in education from Stanford University. Professionally, I manage an educational consulting practice that serves students and families both in the USA and internationally.
If you would like to support my campaign by hosting a yard sign between May 1st and May 15th, then please feel free to contact me by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone at (781) 925-4855.
Most importantly, please vote on Monday, May 15th for those candidates whom you believe will represent Hull’s students, families, educators, and taxpayers the most effectively in the coming three years. Thank you very much!
Ernest WILL BE ATTENDING Meet the Candidates night held by the Hull Nantasket Chamber of Commerce.